WEG’s vision is to unlock the potential of self dependency of impoverished communities and building a sustainable environment through agro forestry.
- To assist impoverished communities initiate sustainable income generating projects.
- To establish farming practices that will help increase productivity in crops and animals.
- To develop techniques to conserve water bodies.
- To restore degraded farming lands using Agro forestry techniques.
- To encourage communities in tree planting.
- To train the youth and farmers on how to grow vegetables and/or arable crops with trees.
- To establish woodlot for community income generation.
- To train communities in mushroom and honey production
- Enhance local knowledge on sustainable livestock production
- To identify and improve indigenous feed sources for livestock production.
- To identify and establish causes of crop farms with seasonal poor harvest.
- Develop low-cost methods for improving soil fertility
- To train communities on how to use the techniques developed.
- Identify and improve agroforestry related livelihood activities specific to women